Firstly, a last will and testament is a legal declaration by which a person can sort out what happens to their money, property and possessions after their death.
Below are some of the ways to do it:
• A wills attorney – This is legal specialist in the writing of a will. A wills and trusts attorney can sort everything out for you so that you won’t need to know anything about the subject. They can create a will for you that will satisfy all the legal requirements and can tailor your will and testament to suit your needs and circumstances.
• Wills online – These are websites that have online will writing software programs that typically involve inputting answers to a series of questions and then compiling your answers in to will and testament ready for you to print off at the end of the process. Some sites will also have a legal professional who specialize in wills and probate laws to check it over for you before the print off stage.
• Will writing software – These are obviously computer programs. They work in a similar fashion to the online wills; you put in the data and the program makes out the will and testament for you. The difference here is that you buy and keep the will writing software program.
• A will kit – These will have a will form or collection of will forms where you can fill in the blank spaces by hand. They usually have a set of instructions to help you in knowing what to write and where to write it. Some are in a computer format so that you don’t have to fill them in by hand. There is a large variety on computer based and physical, tangible products such as books and packs available along these lines.
• A will template or will form – These are similar to the will kit principle in that you have a will and testament form, electronic or physical that you have to fill in the blanks to. The difference here is that there are no instructions on what will template you should use for your circumstances or even a guide how to fill it in. There is a whole host of will templates and forms available online or handed out by some organizations often free of charge because it truly is a do it yourself wills approach, everything is left down to you to sort out.
You get varying levels of help and assistance with the different options mentioned above. Generally speaking, like most things in life, the greater the amount of help you want then generally the higher the costs get.